NOW HIRING POLICE CADET(s)
Kenora, Agency One Land Detachment
GENERAL: Cadet(s) will assist with proactive initiatives, community policing programs, prevention-based education, etc. while developing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to secure future employment as a Police Constable. They will receive Offender Transport training (including Use of Force training) which they must pass. Cadets duties will also include front-desk reception, fleet maintenance, and guarding. The Cadet(s) will wear a distinctive uniform.
Salary starts at $45,386
• Be (18) years of age or older at the time of application deadline;
• Have a minimum education of Grade 12 or equivalency (or commit to achieving this within two years);
• A pardon or Absolute/Conditional Discharge is preferred for any criminal offense, however, consideration will be given to those who are in the process of obtaining one.
• Must be in possession of a Class ‘G’ Driver’s License with no more than 6 demerit points and full driving privileges (or commit to obtaining this within two years);
• Must be able to pass an interview, investigative checks and psychological testing;
• Medical clearance from a qualified practitioner;
• Willing and able to travel for mandatory training;
• Must be willing and able to work shift work and be on call; and,
• First Aid/CPR would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants may submit a hiring package which includes the following:
• Cover letter detailing interest in noted position;
• A resume detailing your work history, education history, certificates you may possess, any volunteer work and 3 references (1 Personal, 1 Education, 1 Supervisor); and,
• Completed Cadet Application form and Authorization form which can be found below.
All completed packages MUST be sent to: hiring@T3PS.ca.
NOTE: ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.