NOW HIRING POLICE CADET(s)
Big Grassy FN
Lac La Croix FN (2 Cadets)
POSTED: December 21st, 2020
GENERAL: The Treaty Three Police Service in partnership with Big Grassy, Wabaseemoong, Iskatewizaagegan and Lac La Croix First Nations are looking for Cadets to serve the above mentioned First Nation Communities – with Lac La Croix FN requesting 2 Cadets to help serve their community. This contract position is open to all members of the above mentioned 4 First Nation communities regardless of where they currently reside, however, they must be willing and able to relocate to the location they are chosen for at their own expense. They will assist with proactive initiatives, community policing programs, prevention-based education, etc. while developing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to secure future employment as a Police Constable. They will receive Offender Transport training (including Use of Force training) which they must pass. The Cadet(s) will wear a distinctive uniform. The intention is that cadets will be hired on as full constables in the future, subject to positive job performance.
Starting salary for Special Constable: $54,641.60 annually
• Be (18) years of age or older at the time of application deadline;
• Be a band member of a Tribal Council community;
• Have a minimum education of Grade 12 or equivalency (or commit to achieving this within two years);
• A pardon or Absolute/Conditional Discharge is preferred for any criminal offense, however, consideration will be given to those who are in the process of obtaining one.
• Must be in possession of a Class ‘G’ Driver’s License with no more than 6 demerit points and full driving privileges (or commit to obtaining this within two years);
• Must be able to pass an interview, credit background, investigative checks and psychological testing;
• Medical clearance from a qualified practitioner;
• Willing and able to travel for mandatory training;
• Must be willing and able to work shift work and be on call; and,
• First Aid/CPR would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants may submit a hiring package which includes the following:
• Cover letter detailing interest in noted position;
• A resume detailing your work history, education history, certificates you may possess, any volunteer work and 3 references (1 Personal, 1 Education, 1 Supervisor); and,
• Completed Cadet Application form and Authorization form which can be found below.
Closing date for applications is Friday, January 8th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
All completed packages MUST be sent to: hiring@T3PS.ca.
NOTE: ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.