Street Crime Unit
As of July 1, 2014 the Treaty Three Police Service formulated a Street Crime Unit comprised of our Drug Enforcement Officer, Intelligence Officer and Guns and Gangs Officer. These (3) experienced Criminal Investigators, strategically work together, to be a proactive, problem solving response to eliminate or disrupt Criminal Activities in the Greater Treaty Three Area.
The Treaty Three Police Service Street Crime Unit utilizes a Community Based and Intelligence Led Policing approach to assist our local Communities in the social challenges that affect the overall health and safety of everyone.
The Mission of the Treaty Three Police Service Street Crime Unit (SCU) is to disrupt and prevent dangerous street level criminal activity within the Treaty Three Police Services catchment area, in the attainment of a safe and healthy community for all Treaty Three Nation Members.
Over the past year, our Street Crime Unit has shared many successes in the area of Crime Enforcement and Abatement which has resulted in:
- 7 Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) Search Warrants being executed on our Territories.
- Over $20,000 dollars in cash has been seized as Proceeds of Crime.
- Approximately $50,000 (street value) of various drugs seized and removed from the street; Including, Cocaine, Hydro-morphine, Oxycodone, Marijuana and Lacquer Thinner.
- 3 Expert Drug Opinions provided for Drug Related Court Proceedings.
- Numerous in service training efforts have been conducted, aimed at bettering our front line in investigating and detecting Drugs, Firearms, Gangs and Intelligence matters Officers may encounter in their duties.
- Numerous arrests and compliance checks of High Risk and Prolific Offenders that are monitored in our Communities.
- Continued support is provided to the Ontario Provincial Police for Surveillance, Warrant Entry, Expert Opinion, and enforcement efforts relating to local and Regional Tactical Priorities.
The Treaty Three Police Services Street Crime Team has proven to be an effective force, driven to rid our Communities of Drugs, Illegal Guns, Gangs and Dangerous Street Level Criminality. We will continue to be diligent in serving our Community and making it a safe, enjoyable place for everyone to live.