Spirit of Hope Project
Contract Ends March 31, 2023
Location: General Headquarters, Kenora
Under the Proceeds of Crime (POC) and Front-Line Policing (FLP) Grant Program, the Treaty Three Police Service is accepting applications for a Program Coordinator for the Spirit of Hope Project. The Program Coordinator will focus on the project that will address Sexual Violence, Harassment and Human Trafficking through Education, Prevention and Restorative Cultural Strategies. To empower and protect our Indigenous Women and Girls through culturally appropriate education , sexual violence awareness and human trafficking. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the overall implementation of this program to the 23 Treaty #3 Communities policed by the Treaty Three Police Service.
- Conducting presentations on the Spirit of Hope project to the 23 Treaty #3 communities policed by the Treaty Three Police Service.
- Involves extensive travel to all 23 communities;
- Preparing power point presentation on the Spirit of Hope project.
- Working in conjunction with Treaty Three Police Officers and our partnering agencies.
- Meet four objectives by carrying out programming, education, training, and experiences that will benefit multiple sectors and age groups.
- Creating forms, surveys and brochures as required.
- Completing media releases and speaking to the media;
- Composing and typing correspondence as required;
- Maintaining confidential community contacts and e-mail lists;
- Completing monthly report to the Chief of Police and ensuring all presentations are entered on Records Management System (RMS);
- Filing documents and completing final report to Ministry of Community Safety and correctional Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills;
- Minimum Grade 12 education;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license;
- No criminal record;
- Must pass background check and
- Additional skills including:
- Excellent verbal and listening skills including:
- Speaking clearly with proper volume and tone emphasis and in a confident manner in all situations including when speaking in front of a group or audience;
- Giving concise, understandable, accurate directions/instruction;
- Listening carefully for total meaning;
- Courteous, polite, and positive.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement and cope in difficult situations;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge and understanding of Treaty Three community languages, culture, traditions with a high sensitivity to Indigenous issues.
Interested applicants are to forward a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their interest in the position to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please used “JP0012” in your subject line when you submit. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be able to report to either the Couchiching or Kenora Locations.
CLOSING DATE is Friday July 31st, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
This will be a contract position with an end date of March 31, 2023.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
NOTE: ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants to apply.