Program Coordinator – Maanaji’iwin Project
Internal and External Posting
Contract Ends March 31, 2023
DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m. Wednesday June 16, 2021
Treaty Three Police Service is accepting applications for Program Coordinator – Maanaji’iwin Project. The Program Coordinator will work to address capacity building through public education, awareness and mentorship opportunities on Indigenous female youth in the Treaty Three area. Through sharing circles and presentations, the project will provide the opportunity for Treaty Three Police Service and partner agencies to build on the work already being done around protecting all women and girls from violence and provide them with the tools and resources when leaving their home community to seek education. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the overall implementation of this program to the 23 Treaty #3 Communities policed by the Treaty Three Police Service. The program coordinator will also oversee the Youth in Policing Initiative program (Y.I.P.I.). This program runs each summer for 8 weeks from July-August and you will be responsible for the hiring and supervision of these students.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on the Maanaji’iwin project to the 23 Treaty #3 communities policed by the Treaty Three Police Service.
- Extensive travel to all 23 communities.
- Work in conjunction with Treaty Three Police members and our partnering agencies.
- Meet our objectives by carrying out programming, education, training, and experiences that will benefit multiple sectors of our target age groups.
- Prepare media releases and speak to the media as required.
- Prepare correspondence as required.
- Maintain confidential community contacts and e-mail lists.
- Complete monthly report to the Chief of Police
- File documents and complete final report to Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with computers and related software MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario drivers license;
- Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a records; suspension (pardon) has not been received or an absolute/conditional discharge that has not been sealed;
- Excellent verbal and listening skills including:
- Speaking clearly with proper volume and tone emphasis and in a confident manner in all situations including when speaking in front of a group or audience;
- Giving concise, understandable, accurate directions/instruction;
- Listening carefully for total meaning;
- Courteous, polite, and positive.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement and cope in difficult situations;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge and understanding of Treaty Three community languages, culture, traditions with a high sensitivity to aboriginal issues.
Interested applicants are to forward a resume and detailed cover letter outlining their interest in the position to the attention of Human Resources at Hiring@t3ps.ca. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday June 16, 2021
This will be a contract position with an end date of March 31, 2023.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Job Posting PDF: Program Coordinator – Maanaji’iwin Project