Onigaming Cadet/Special Community Constable – 12 month term
Treaty Three Police Service & Onigaming First Nation is currently looking to fill one (1) full-time, 12-month term Cadet/Special Community Constable position.
• Assists Law Enforcement Officers by contacting witnesses for additional information, verifying data and assisting with follow up;
• Assists Officers at detachment by receiving reports from the public and by answering basic inquiries from the community;
• Assists Officers with related duties on public service information and announcements;
• Assists with court administrative functions, fingerprinting, and observing of court proceedings;
• Attend as a physical presence at community celebrations and events;
• Assists in creating new partnerships with local organizations and community stakeholders to promote crime prevention;
• Maintains accurate record of activities, inputs information into computerized information systems, maintains a daily journal which thoroughly and chronologically details experiences, investigated or reported events and occurrences during each duty period;
• Maintain confidentiality;
• Maintains uniform and equipment in accordance with Police Orders;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position:
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Preference will be given to band members of Onigaming First Nation
• Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a records suspension (pardon) has not been received or an absolute/conditional discharge that has not been sealed;
• Must be willing to attend and participate in all required training programs as instructed;
• Previous work experience with courts / law enforcement would be an asset;
• Proficient with computers and related software MS Office (outlook, word, excel);
• Familiarity with use of office equipment (i.e. photocopiers, facsimile machines, printers)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and a Treaty Three Police Service Consent to Disclose Form by Tuesday January 3, 2023 @ 4:00pm.
Please e-mail your complete package to firstname.lastname@example.org using “JP018-2022” in your subject line to indicate the position that you are applying for. Click the link below to obtain a Consent to Disclose Form.
The Treaty Three Police Service appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those who receive an interview will be contacted.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants to apply.
To Save/Download: Onigaming Cadet/Special Community Constable Job Posting pdf
To Save/Download: Consent to Disclose Form pdf