Treaty Three Police Service is currently looking to hire a Full-Time Permanent Finance Officer. The Finance Officer’s primary function is to coordinate and oversee the financial activities of the Treaty Three Police Service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee Treaty Three Police Service finances and ensure all rules and regulations are followed
• Preparing, recording, and submitting financial transactions, financial statements, and financial reports;
• Liaising with funding partners of the Federal and Provincial Governments;
• Prepare and maintain an up to date audit file to be presented to auditors;
• Reporting financial status of the Treaty Three Police Services inc. to the Board of Directors;
• Must be willing to attend and participate in all required training programs as instructed;
• Maintain confidentiality;
• Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends;
• Other duties as assigned
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a records suspension (pardon) has not been received or an absolute/conditional discharge that has not been sealed;
• Applied knowledge of reporting systems, payroll preparation and administration, budget preparation, project management accounting, information technology, insurance and risk management, and overseeing property;
• Completed Post-Secondary (College or University level) study of Finance, Business, Accounting or equivalent;
• CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) Designation would be considered an asset;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in finance or accounting and business administration;
• Superior written communication skills and advanced computer skills including expertise on related software MS Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is required;
• Organization and time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
• A high degree of professionalism and awareness to Indigenous culture and traditions;
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and a Treaty Three Police Service Consent to Disclose Form by Tuesday, June 6, 2023 @ 4:00pm.
Please e-mail your complete package to email@example.com using “JP007-2023” in your subject line to indicate the position that you are applying for.
The Treaty Three Police Service appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those who receive an interview will be contacted.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants to apply
To Save/Download: Consent to Disclose Form pdf
To Save/Download: Finance Officer Job Posting