TREATY THREE POLICE SERVICE
The Treaty Three Police Service is currently accepting resumes for new recruit Constables to fill current and future positions within our Police Service.
The position is subject to the terms of the funding Agreement between Her majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Ontario, Grand Council Treaty #3 and the Treaty Three Police Services Board.
– Minimum 18 years of age.
– Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency.
– Must possess a valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license.
– No criminal record for which a records suspension (pardon) has not been received or an absolute/conditional discharge that has not been sealed.
– Pass credit, background and investigation checks.
– Must be of good moral character.
– Conversant in Ojibway will be an asset.
– Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
– Preference will be given to Treaty #3 members.
– Knowledge and understanding of community languages, culture, traditions with a high sensitivity to aboriginal issues.
All qualified applicants must submit a detailed cover letter, resume, medical, vision, copy of driver’s abstract along with a Treaty Three Police Service Police Recruit Application Package to the Treaty Three Police Service. Please contact the Treaty Three Police Service for an Application Package at (807) 548-5474.
Once in receipt of a Police Recruit Application, please refer to the Mandatory Checklist attached to ensure you send all the required documentation. Incomplete applications will not be accepted, and will be returned to you with instructions to re-apply with the mandatory documentation. Returned applications must be re-submitted prior to closing date.
Cover Letters, Resumes, Abstracts and Application Packages for these positions are to be mailed or faxed to:
Treaty Three Police Service
P.0. Box 1480
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-2119
Attention: Deputy Chief of Police
Closing date for applications is 4:00P.M, February 3, 2017
The Treaty Three Police Service appreciates the interest of all applicants; however only those who receive an interview will be contacted.